NOTICE OF ELECTION
Parishioners of Mary Mother of the Church Catholic Parish Ivanhoe are invited to nominate fellow parishioners to our Parish Pastoral Council to be elected after each Mass on the weekend of 7 / 8 August. Nine people are to be elected.
All parishioners who are on the Parish Census are eligible to propose a nominee and / or vote in the election. If you are unsure if you are on the Parish Census you should contact the Parish Office and / or complete a Parish Census form which is available in the foyer of each church.
The Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) is at the heart of our Parish Leadership Team and is the principal source of advice to the Parish Priest on pastoral matters in the Parish. The PPC shares in the responsibility for the ongoing life, mission and development of the Parish community and through its goals and objectives works collaboratively with the Parish Priest, and with each other, in planning for the future of the Parish by setting and keeping under review pastoral planning for our faith community, advancing the Parish vision and the building up of the Kingdom of God.
A member of the Parish Pastoral Council will be
· Baptised and Confirmed and committed to regular attendance at Mass
· a Parishioner of Mary Mother of the Church Catholic Parish Ivanhoe
· actively involved in the life of the Parish and committed to its values of Inclusiveness, Hospitality, Service and Mission
· a participant in the Parish Stewardship / Thanksgiving Program
· able to listen to other parishioners and work collaboratively in a team
· committed to attending regular meetings (PPC meets 6 times a year)
Those duly elected will be required to have a current ‘Working with Children Check’ and must sign the Parish’s ‘Child Safety Code of Conduct’.
Elected representatives will serve a two year term. No PPC member may serve more than three consecutive terms.
Nomination forms are available HERE and from from the church foyer.